Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP how do I wear this brooch?

Grant Fan

Practically Family
For Christmas my parents bought me a broach. My mother also got me to catch a thief and said Grace Kelly wore one like it in the movie, I have watched the movie at least 3 times since Christmas and have yet to see what my mom was talking about. The broach is in 4 jointed pieces the first one is a flower and some leaves and the other 3 pieces are groups of leaves. The final piece of the broach has a hook on it. Now the question is how do I wear it? Here are pictures all help is appreciated.

The front
box005.jpg

Back
box006.jpg

The flower
box014.jpg

the back of the flower
box011.jpg

The links between pieces
box015.jpg

the hook on the last piece
box012.jpg

Juliet

A-List Customer
Now this is completely off the top of my head - but how about fastening a pretty scarf around your throat and pinning it with the brooch slighly to the side. Like this (splendid painting, I know :D ) - the scarf being the darker grey and the brooch light grey :D

Or your could pin it to the schoulder and let it dangle down, too, I guess?

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
To me, it seems like the hook was meant to hook onto some part of a garment. Like into a buttonhole, or more likely, the edge of a collar (think something like a non-collared evening dress). It could also hook into a pocket or buttonhole on a blazer. So you pin the head of the flower, and then "hook" the stem into your neckline or buttonhole.

I'm thinking it would look lovely with the flower pinned high up on your shoulder and the hook into the side or corner of your top/ dress. It's hard to tell from the orientation of the hook what the correct angle would be, but with those segments it was meant to drape in the middle.

You could also wear it as a sweater type clip (hook into the button hole on one side) with a nice evening shawl or fancier sweater.

You mother has excellent taste. :)

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
So is there a clip on the flower and the rest of it just hangs? Sorry if I'm totally off I just wanted to make sure I understood.

swinggal

One Too Many
I would say that the little clip at the end hooks over the pin when you wear it. The links are there to give it drape. Would end up in an oval shape.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I think it'd look lovely pinned diagonally around the neck of a high necked evening gown, off to one side. Mind you, it'll look gorgeous wherever you put it - I'm jealous!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe