Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help dating Levi Vintage Clothing sheep leather jacket (potentially inspired by pj-27 design?)

squash_fav

New in Town
Hello! I recently got a Levi’s sheep leather jacket. I believe it’s from the LVC line and likely inspired by Buco’s PJ-27 steerhide design. However, I’m having a really hard time figuring out the manufacturing date.

I don’t know much about vintage clothing but my research led me to this forum. Would really appreciate it if someone can shed light on how to read these productions codes or hopefully date the jacket. I would also love to hear any advice on caring for sheep leather. Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9883.jpeg
    IMG_9883.jpeg
    664.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9898.jpeg
    IMG_9898.jpeg
    625.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9888.jpeg
    IMG_9888.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 17

squash_fav

New in Town
I don't see the resemblance to a Buco. It's a women's jacket by the way.
I'm going off the photos from here and here

image0 (5).jpeg

Screenshot 2024-10-27 at 5.20.44 PM.png
s-l1600-23.jpg

The sides are reversed but both have a single zipped pocket and an oversized breast pocket. Granted there's no badge holes on the Levi but given the pocket arrangement, pj-27 seems to be the inspiration.

It's a women's jacket by the way.
I'm a woman so that's actually perfect for me. Unfortunately I haven't found any vintage womenswear forums so here I am...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squash_fav