Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help! chair ruined!

starla

New in Town
I dunno if this is the right place to post this, but I know some of you ladies have antique furniture and I thought you might be able to help...

On another forum (not antiques or vintage related), a woman posted about how her 85-year old chaise lounge chair (her great-grandmother's, from Italy) got ruined when her son left a bag of ice sitting on it and it leaked. Now it has an awful water stain on it, made worse when she tried to dry it (with something called a Rainbow?? idk) and the dirt that accumulated in the chair over the years lifted to the surface and just made it worse.

Any ideas on if it can be fixed? I don't know this woman personally but any advice I could pass along would be nice because it's a real shame that her chair got ruined and I want to help. Would an upholsterer be able to fix it or is the damage unrepairable?

Here are pictures of it:

100_0505.jpg

before water damage

pinkchair.jpg

and after (the dark stains are the water damage).

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
**thread moved**

Not the right forum, but the right place :) Im sure here there are more people who will be able to reply to your delema.

LD

starla

New in Town
Thanks LadyDay! I just spend so much time in the Powder Room, I wasn't sure where else to put it, I don't know the other forums that well yet :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld