Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats from recent Brideshead Revisited movie

vonwotan

Practically Family
I don't know why I didn't ask sooner, I would like to know whether anyone knows about the hats, and wardrobes, in the recent movie version of Brideshead Revisited.

Currently I am interested in one hat in particular, the one that Sebastian Flyte wears when driving with Charles to his family home and again in a gondola in Venice.

Originally I thought this was a panama but, now that I have found better quality stills, it appears that this may actually be a coarser cuenca or even a milan type straw hat?

I have been considering a new summer hat and would like to have something similar from Bob and Art. A hat that can hold up to a fair amount of handling and the winds here in Boston. From time to time, wearing a finer weave I find it unpleasant to have the wider softer brim whipping round as much as it can.

RBH

Bartender
Do you mean this one?

MV5BNTk3ODQzODQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjIwMTU3MQ@@._V1._SX500_SY334_.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Milan Homburgs

The Poirot homburg he wears in hot climes is defintely a Milan like the one you see hear without the sides being as windswept.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Milan Homburgs

The Poirot homburg he wears in hot climes is definitely a Milan like the one you see hear without the sides being as windswept.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:
The Poirot homburg he wears in hot climes is definitely a Milan like the one you see hear without the sides being as windswept.
Cookie...what do you think of Milan in the hotter months?...I've found that Panama's don't breath very well, and I sweat even in those...So I'm on a search for the "perfect" summer hat. If Poirot can wear one...then...[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe