Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Style Recommendation

sonorlite

New in Town
I have an Aero Bootlegger on order and want a hat with complimentary style. Suggestions please.
view

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the Lounge, sonorlite! I hesitate to recommend hats to people. I know what I like. Thin ribbons, wider brims, and crown bashes that have nice lines to them. Doesn't narrow it down much. I tend to like light greys and earth tones, too.

dean

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I was thinking of an even broader scope, Dean ...
I was going to say, "as long as it isn't purple, pink, or bright orange, you should be fine." :)

Sorry, I am as good as no help at all ... in fact I may be worse than no help at all.

Feraud

Bartender
I think you could wear almost any style with that jacket. Gray or brown tweed caps, herringbone patterns too.
Brown fedoras or one with a contrasting ribbon.

Anders

One of the Regulars
I'm seeing a larger brim hat that you could wear with a serious tilt. Just my first impressions though, I don't think I've ever seen a leather jacket/hat combo I didn't like.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Welcome sonorlite, I agree most anything would look good with that. I think a tawny fawn akubra or other brown would look good maybe not the same color as the jacket.
Deanglen that avatar looks like a million bucks! I may not have been paying attention but i think most of your avs have been darker shirts and hats.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
With the fitted waist and medium collar and lapels, I would recommend a "medium" brim, something in the 2" to 2 3/8" range. While a rich brown might be the first choice, you could also look at a lighter tan, or even taupe (or brownish grey) with a black ribbon.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I could see an "open road" style hat with a thin ribbon going well with that. But it's up to you and what you prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe