Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat cleaner in southwest Ohio

+1 for Gus, it's with the trip to Cincy. there used to be a suit store in downtown Dayton that carried a decent selection, think it was called Price Brothers? it's been a long time since I was there. they might be able to refer you to one.

on a side note, depending on what needs to be cleaned off of it, a quick dip in coleman stove fuel did the trick for me before.

smokepiper

New in Town
Price stores is still around. I've been meaning to stop in there. I just never seem to have the time while I'm downtown. I'll be heading down for my first trip to Batsake's in October. I'll be sure to stop at Strauss Tobacco right around the corner for a couple of cigars for the drive home.

I have had good luck with a home Naptha bath for the dirtiest of hats. I've been trying to teach myself the basics of hatting. Sweat bands, cleaning, and the like. I'd be happy to help how I can.

smokepiper

New in Town
As an aside, new hat shop opened in downtown Dayton last night. It's called brim. I'm not sure to what extent they are operating. Sales only or actually a full service shop similar to Batsakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe