Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hat bands

_tone

New in Town
i got an old hat that i'd like to refurbish a bit. the ribbon is a bit stained with sweat and i'd like to clean it. can i wash it safely? the hat has a matching bound edge so i don't want to replace it, if it's not necessary. i've ordered a new sweatband from aaron's hats because the old one was a horrible vinyl covered cardboard monstrosity, as well as scout hat cleaner and an orange hat eraser. i plan on keeping the original liner, after a good cleaning of course.
i was unable to find the answer to this question through the search feature, but perhaps i was doing it wrong, and if so i apologize. thanks for your help.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've never tried it, but people here speak highly of naptha soaking to clean, and since you're removing the sweatband, It'd probably work better.

Do you mind me asking what kind of hat it is?

_tone

New in Town
no, not at all. it's a bee brand hat. the model is called the diplomat. i got it on ebay(it's the first auction i've ever won, and i suppose the main reason i won it is because it isn't a highly desirable hat.i'm alright with that.) i'm going to wait and try scout hat cleaner before i soak it in anything toxic and flammable, which is why i was asking about washing it. i'll post a photo if it turns out ok and if i can figure out how to post them. thanks for your help.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just lookin' back.....

As I'm in the process of replacing a band/ribbon on a Straw I recently gotten from ebay, I was wondering how this project turned out? Did you have a hard time putting the ribbon back on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust