Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has the state of your hair influenced your hat wearing?

Pduck

One of the Regulars
Do any of you wear hats because of lack of hair, either because of vanity or to ward off the effects of the sun? Or is fashion/image your primary reason?

nickn5

One of the Regulars
I have once or twice worn an older hat (or Tilley) to hide the fact I have not got round to washing my hair, or to hide 'bed hair'... :eusa_doh: :p

But no, I still have a full head of hair, I simply wear hats because I like how I look in them, and have always liked the look of them on others.

N. :)

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
The last time I went for a hair cut she left me with enough hair for a comb-over.She never said as much though.I recon it was me making jokes about my thinning hair that did it.
When I walked home it was windy and raining and by the time I got home, my head was so painful with the cold so it's great not having to fight with an umbrella or put up with a cold noggin.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well... sort of. I went a long time with thin, useless hair (and came to terms with it) before becoming a full time hat wearer. I supposed that if I had kept the insanely beautiful, full hair of my youth, I would have been put off by hat-head, and I would hardly ever wear hats.

So, I guess my hair loss turned out to be a good thing! lol

Pduck

One of the Regulars
I started thinking about this question after seeing an old thread about people who feel self-conscious in a fedora. I might feel that way a little bit, but it's because I'm not self-conscious about being bald. I don't want people thinking that I wear a hat because I'm trying to hide my male pattern baldness. Does that make sense?

MattJH

One Too Many
Considering the hair on my grandparents, I will likely go to the coffin with a full head of hair. I wear hats because I like them and because I had skin cancer and don't want it again. Doctor's orders: wear wide-brimmed hats regardless of the season.

donCarlos

Practically Family
My hair is perfect either with and without a hat.

More important question is - Has your hat wearing influenced the state of your hair?

Goose.

Practically Family
donCarlos said:
My hair is perfect either with and without a hat.

More important question is - Has your hat wearing influenced the state of your hair?
Can't recall if I started digging chicks or hats first. Photo finish I guess.
But, I have worn hats long before my forehead started growing ;)

Hey, random thought alert, posting pics of ya with and without your hat. Then we can vote on who really NEEDS to wear a hat.

Hope you all have a spammy day...

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Pduck said:
Do any of you wear hats because of lack of hair, either because of vanity or to ward off the effects of the sun? Or is fashion/image your primary reason?

NO.

This may be a very bad forum for asking this question, though. Most of the people here are either very interested in hats, or out-right hat enthusiasts. So, the ratio of hat admirers to those resigned to wearing them out of shame will probably be skewed here.

A better place to ask? A comic book shop where everyone over 30 is wearing a baseball hat! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe