Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have not but it looks very similar to an Akubra Squatter. I like it.

playitagainsam

New in Town
I second the color thing. I don't understand why the remaining manufacturers don't offer the vintage styles in 2 and 1/2" or 2 3/8" brims, open crowns, quality felt. [huh] I need a brown like the Akubra Fed but the 2 and 3/4" brim is just too much.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep working on that time machine and trolling ebay lol

majormoore

Vendor
I would bet you that the hat is made out of wool at that price, I have a friend who has one made from the Amish type people, and that thing is stiff as a board, and it's all wool. He hates his, and the size was way off,

Stick with a beaver blend or 100% beaver hat, you will be much happier.

Mike

cooncatbob

Practically Family
playitagainsam said:
I second the color thing. I don't understand why the remaining manufacturers don't offer the vintage styles in 2 and 1/2" or 2 3/8" brims, open crowns, quality felt. [huh] I need a brown like the Akubra Fed but the 2 and 3/4" brim is just too much.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep working on that time machine and trolling ebay lol

All you need is a compass, a sharp pair of scissors and some sandpaper.
I trimmed 1/4 inch off a brand new Federation, it's easy to stay on your line and and a few minutes with the sandpaper and it looks like it came from the factory that way. Of course if you have a bound edge your going to lose it.
Bob.

?

patrick1987 said:
I hope not the fur from horribly abused animals. Whenever a puppy mill is discovered and closed down it is Amish or Mennonite. The way they abuse those sires and dams is sickening.

Is animal abuse an institutionalized portion of the Amish and Mennonite society?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe