Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone ever stopped you and asked if they could "pet your coat"?

JLStorm

Practically Family
I was wearing my new Aero B3/ANJ-4 hybrid today and a woman stopped me and asked if she could pet my coat. I thought it a bit odd, but obliged her and she stroked my fleece for about a minute amazed at the softness.

Ive had quite a few compliments on this jacket, but I must say, that request definitely caught me off guard.

Has anything similar happened to anyone else??

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
anyone ask to pet my coat?

...yes, people have asked to pet my coat...

...but i don't think they meant what you were asking about

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Ahhhh yes - the good ol' Irvin always works.
Lots of young women askes me if they must try it on, to feel how "cozy" it is, and to snug up in it.
Many years ago I - being the gentleman I am - lend my Irvin to a certain beautifull - and freezing - girl, she would not leave it again.
We are still married.;)

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
She may have been flirting with you

JLStorm,

:eek:fftopic: Being a woman, I can say that while not definitely, there's a good possibility that the woman who stopped you and asked if she could pet your coat may have been attempting to flirt with you. More precisely, perhaps she was interested in you and wanted to meet you, but petting your coat was the only thing she could think of in a hurry, so it came off awkwardly. :eusa_doh:

Sounds exactly like the sort of thing I would have done in my late teens... especially if I found the coat as attractive as the gentleman wearing it.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I've had a lot of admiring comments from women and the old "pat the fleece" when wearing my Irvin so it seems that it's not all that uncommon.

My wife loves mine, and although it's miles too big for her, she often "borrows" it when we've been outside whilst living in Norway or uses it as a blanket on train trips.

JLStorm

Practically Family
Dexter'sDame said:
JLStorm,

:eek:fftopic: Being a woman, I can say that while not definitely, there's a good possibility that the woman who stopped you and asked if she could pet your coat may have been attempting to flirt with you. More precisely, perhaps she was interested in you and wanted to meet you, but petting your coat was the only thing she could think of in a hurry, so it came off awkwardly. :eusa_doh:

Sounds exactly like the sort of thing I would have done in my late teens... especially if I found the coat as attractive as the gentleman wearing it.

Normally, I would have thought that too, but my wife was standing right next to me at the time, so Im almost certain that she really was only interested in the jacket!

bobjones

A-List Customer
Well, only men have commented positively on my Aero Stockman, so I would guess either I'm ugly, my jacket is, both are, or maybe I'm just too intimidating for a woman to comment ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Take a break JohnnyJohnny. What else do you want to hear?
The question was what we men felt, when women wanted to "pet" our jackets.
What we feel - and how we react to it IS personal.

Edward

Bartender
Spitfire said:
Take a break JohnnyJohnny. What else do you want to hear?
The question was what we men felt, when women wanted to "pet" our jackets.
What we feel - and how we react to it IS personal.

I think JJ was actually ribbing you about the unintentional innuendo he saw in what you wrote, rather than criticising what you said. ;)

I've had a lot of compliments on my LW B-3 from ladies, though I'm pretty sure it was much more the coat than me they were interested in. ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I think JJ was actually ribbing you about the unintentional innuendo he saw in what you wrote, rather than criticising what you said. ;)

I've had a lot of compliments on my LW B-3 from ladies, though I'm pretty sure it was much more the coat than me they were interested in. ;)

Who? Me!

der schneider

One of the Regulars
while wearing a white deer skin jacket a young lady was rubbing the soft leather at my back and said "it is so soft, it feels like rabbit."

I said it was and she said " I didnt know rabbits got that big"

MisterGrey

Practically Family
That happened to me earlier this year during a conference with some of my classmates. We were on our way to the reception and I'd gotten myself all dudded up in a black velvet jacket and gray wool trousers. In the elevator on the way down, one of the professors who'd accompanied us on the trip asked what material my coat was, and when I responded, everyone in the elevator stepped forward and began to feel my sleeves up. It was actually very flattering, considering that I was only one of two males in the elevator, and the only heterosexual one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe