Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Days Jacket

Harris HTM

One Too Many
So dear friends,
last week my new jacket arrived. It is an Aero Happy Days and I've been constantly wearing it since then.
I wear a size 40 30's HB and a size 38 Mariner and I went for a size 36 for the happy Days, as I was after a trim fitting jacket. The fit is tight but not restricting, wearing just a shirt.
The leather is black vicenza. Most of you are already familiar with this skin; it is supple, grainy and lighter than a FQHH but definitely not a thin leather.
The zip s nickel Talon.
If I could change something in the order it would be two things: (a) the body would be half an inch longer and (b) I would ask for an inner pocket.

Let me know your opinion!
Cheers!

P1.png P2.png P3.png P4.png P5.png P6.png

Technonut

Practically Family
Looks good to me overall, but I do agree with your observation of an extra inch * EDIT: I meant to type the 1/2" mentioned by the OP, not an entire inch* added to the length if you had it to do over. Still looks fine on you though. I used to have one in oil-pulled horse years back. Nice jacket style. :)

Last edited:

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Looks good to me overall, but I do agree with your observation of an extra inch added to the length if you had it to do over. Still looks fine on you though. I used to have one in oil-pulled horse years back. Nice jacket style. :)

Yes, a bit longer would be better. I had tried a happy days last april when I was in Galashiels and the length seemed perfect (it was measured 25'' long). This seems it ended up a bit shorter (24,5) but I'm still happy with it!

53Effie

A-List Customer
Nice jacket and good fit. I have one too. We don't see many here on this forum. Mine is an older jacket made of steerhide. It is quite a comfortable jacket and is lengthwise about the same as yours...a little short, but not too short in my opinion.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The length is fine. You'll probably find that, as it wears in, the jacket will relax and drape a bit more - it may be a mid-weight hide, but it still needs a bit of breaking in.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ought to add that you should note on the calendar how often you wear it to see if it turns out to be your favourite jacket. If so, the calendar may end up reading:
Sunday, Monday: Happy Days Tuesday, Wednesday: Happy Days Thursday, Friday: Happy days . . . :D:p:cool:
Sorry, couldn't help myself!

I think the length is perfect. Any longer would blow out the proportions of how it should fit. The fit looks spot on to me. A classic, understated design that doesn't scream biker or repro aviator or what have you. Nicely done man. Looks perfect to me.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ought to add that you should note on the calendar how often you wear it to see if it turns out to be your favourite jacket. If so, the calendar may end up reading:
Sunday, Monday: Happy Days Tuesday, Wednesday: Happy Days Thursday, Friday: Happy days . . . :D:p:cool:

[emoji23]

Best post of the year so far!

Harris HTM

One Too Many

well, I've been wearing it constantly since I got it, the weather really helps here. I guess this will be my favourite summer jacket.
I can never call Monday a "happy" day!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It looks great, and having just visited Amsterdam can fully understand its utilization as a summer jacket. Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe