Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Chinese New Year 2012. Monday, January 23rd. DRAGON!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
A happy Chinese New Year to everyone! So ends the Year of the Rabbit and we start anew with the Year of the Dragon!

Were you born in the year of the Dragon? If after your birthday this year, your age is divisible by 12, then you were. What attributes are Dragons supposed to have?

According to ChineseZodiac.com:

A powerful sign, those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Dragon are energetic and warm-hearted, charismatic, lucky at love and egotistic. They’re natural born leaders, good at giving orders and doing what’s necessary to remain on top. Compatible with Monkey and Rat.

A Golden-Era Chinese New Year of the Dragon:

27th, January, 1928. Chinatown, Los Angeles, U.S.A. The local Chinese community putting on a dragon-dance:

fa_531_chinesenewyear1928_970.jpg

Last edited:

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
Happy Chinese New Year! Being as my bday is tomorrow, I have to admit nearly all of my 36 years (gulp) I thought I was a Dragon. But the year I was born, Chinese New Year fell on a day shortly after I was born. Thus, I am a (wood) Rabbit.

DNO

One Too Many
Happy New Year.

A Dragon here...as is my son. As my wife put it today: "I'm a bunny (rabbit) living with two dragons."

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I used to work a Chinese Hospital, and no one ever knew how the day of the first day of the Chinese New Year was calculated. They would tell me, "Oh, you just look on the calendar". Uh, no. They knew it was based on the lunar calendar, but I finally had to look up how to find out how it was calculated. Its actually simple.

Edward

Bartender
I used to work a Chinese Hospital, and no one ever knew how the day of the first day of the Chinese New Year was calculated. They would tell me, "Oh, you just look on the calendar". Uh, no. They knew it was based on the lunar calendar, but I finally had to look up how to find out how it was calculated. Its actually simple.

Sounds just like Easter. ;)

Happy New Year from a Green Wood Tiger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82