Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hair - how to get a look

Miss Creant

New in Town
Hi there,

Just wondering if you guys can help me achieve this look: with the roll going forward at the crown...
l_7b589682b97f06af163d76bc50cb6f58.jpg
have had NO luck.:rage:

volatile

A-List Customer
Lots of hairspray, lots of back-combing, lots of heat, and the help of a hairdresser, I would imagine. You're gonna struggle doing this at home with one pair of hands! :)

Miss Creant

New in Town
volatile said:
Lots of hairspray, lots of back-combing, lots of heat, and the help of a hairdresser, I would imagine. You're gonna struggle doing this at home with one pair of hands! :)
I think you may be right :eusa_doh:

Thanks!

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
Awww, rats.

If you want that perfect round roll at the front, you could try using a "hair rat." I've never used one, but I'm sure you could find somewhere to buy one online. This looks like a complicated style, so you may need two? Good luck-with this look, you will surely turns heads!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
I second the ratt.
Plus, some hair pieces. Most women don't have enough hair to do those fun, intricate runway styles. I definitely think she has some fake hair going on in there. :p

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
I agree. Rats or falls/clip-on extensions. 2 out out of three of those pics, are definately not all hers. Falls and extensions are great! You can work wonders with them. I swear by them. ;)

Lillemor

One Too Many
Is it different from a pompadour roll? I reckon it will at least require a rat or a hair piece for the added fullness. I'm hoping and praying that I'll soon be in possession of some rats!

Bunny

New in Town
Here here for the rats! You should make your own, so it will be exactly the size you need to create the look.
Buy some pantyhose the same colour (or similar) to your own hair. Fill it with hair from your hairbrush until it's as big as you need it. Home-made rats are fairly easy to put bobby pins into (although they do sometime get runs in them!) as long as you buy a sheer pantyhose.

Good Luck!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
I think we need a thread on hair rats. They were used so much and it would be really helpful to read experiences on making your own, especially if you don't shed enough hair to make a rat out of your own (me :p)...?!

@Miss Creant
can you PM me her myspace?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe