Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings

dzacca

New in Town
Hi to everyone.

It has been quite a long time since my last visit to the lounge. Unfortunately I had a few problem with my job, well... quite more than a few.

Now I declined my contract and I quit on the end of January. I'm, again, looking for a new job, now I'm feeling better and I hope I'll be able, again, to follow the lounge.

In the meantime I'll start with a question ;)

I've got a new, custom made, black business suit. What color would you choose for an homburg to wear with it? Black or Gray? An homburg or an akubra CEO?

dzacca

New in Town
Thank you RBH.

Actually I've been looking over the CEO for a long time ;)

Have you got a CEO? When I bought my Federation it was extremely large, so I'm a bit worried about the size of the hat to order...

RJCNTX

Familiar Face
If you have a new customer made suit, it would be ashame if you didn't top it off with a new custom hat. :)

I think a black hat might be too much black, so I would go with a medium gray color or even a light gray color with black ribbon.

dzacca

New in Town
RJCNTX said:
If you have a new customer made suit, it would be ashame if you didn't top it off with a new custom hat. :)

eheheh, that would be great, but I'm still jobless... I'll have to wait for a while before ordering an hat from Art

RJCNTX said:
I think a black hat might be too much black, so I would go with a medium gray color or even a light gray color with black ribbon.

Well.. I've got a Stetson 3X Beaver, that would fit well, but this dress would require a more formal hat in my opinion.

RBH

Bartender
You know dzacca, if you watch some of the vintage movies [U.S. ones. as I dont know much about foreign films] men wore some 'common' looking fedoras with some great looking formal style cloths. As long as the hat is clean and styled nice I think it will work. Of course the really casual style country or outback style would not fit the bill, but I believe most fedoras with a grosgrain ribbon would work.

dzacca

New in Town
RBH said:
You know dzacca, if you watch some of the vintage movies [U.S. ones. as I dont know much about foreign films] men wore some 'common' looking fedoras with some great looking formal style cloths. As long as the hat is clean and styled nice I think it will work. Of course the really casual style country or outback style would not fit the bill, but I believe most fedoras with a grosgrain ribbon would work.

Hey, RBH... I found a perfect excuse to use with my wife-to-be and now you say to wear a 'common' fedora???!!! ;)

Now I'll have to find out something new to buy a new hat... :rolleyes:

RBH

Bartender
One of the most 'common' looking hats now days is an Adventurebilt by Steve or Marc. A great hat for the money !
Plus, Mike Moore makes a more than fine 'vintage' looking fedora, much less what the fantastic Art Fawcett can turn out.
The one thing all these great hats have in common is that they ''could'' have been made 50 years ago.
So I still say a fedora from any one of these fine hatters can and will go with the finest of clothes that is out today.
And the Akubra is in a class by itself, a production hat that can not be beat.

You will just need to pick the style you are after!!!

[even if that means a homburg]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe