Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Green Stetson Playboy Has Arrived

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
The Stetson Playboy that I recently won on eBay arrived today. When I opened the box, my jaw hit the floor. It is an absolutely beautiful shade of green. Just a stunning color. I already was expecting to see the unique ribbon -- but, in person, it has an added dimension. Like the ribbon on another green Stetson I have (and like the ribbon on one of HPG's lids), it has an irridescent quality to it. It is a complementary shade of green that shimmers with an indigo undertone. Amazing. The pattern running along the bottom edge of the ribbon is very sharp. What I thought might be perforations spaced about an inch apart (based on the auction photos) are actually raised squares that are part of the design.

The hat is in essentially mint condition and fits like a custom. Open crown measures 5 1/2", with a 2 5/8" brim. It is hard to take my hands off this wonderfully soft, dense and smooth lightweight felt. OK, I admit it -- I'm stoked about this lid -- so please forgive my gushing. :eek:

Along with photos that are clearly taken with flash, I have included a couple of photos taken without flash. What's cool about these is that you can see the indigo undertone to the ribbon.

I just couldn't be happier with this Stetson Playboy...

EDIT: Daylight photos and color comparison shots are posted below in this thread...

OpenCrown-25.jpg

InsidePB.jpg

Ribbon-1.jpg

GreenPB2.jpg

GreenPB4.jpg

GreenPB3.jpg

GreenPB5.jpg

GreenPB1.jpg

GreenPlayboy.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Hmm, the hat body kinda looks like a "pale mint" on my monitor. Nice color.

Looks like a good acquisition.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, you do know how to pick 'em. That is really gorgeous. Congrats, Jim! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Now, I believe you mentioned selling a Playboy? :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
That's one tricked out lid, Jimmy. Well worth it. I knew it would be and so did you. Very glad for you!!! Oh, and thank you for the details. Love to see the photo essays and read the reviews from Loungers with new, interesting scores.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
I was tempted to put a 500 USD bid in for a moment of obvious hat-acrsaia in the last minute. :cool2:

Jabos

A-List Customer
Green? Wow. I thought it was gray. Beautiful. Since nobody on here has (presumably) seen one like it before, I wonder how many they made of that exact hat. Was it a small batch for a particular season of a particular year, or just a random run of that style?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't resist throwing in a couple of daylight shots. I think these photos capture the irridescent quality in the ribbon that I was describing earlier.

GreenPB7.jpg

GreenPB6.jpg

GreenPBRibbon.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid said:
I couldn't resist throwing in a couple of daylight shots. I think these photos capture the irridescent quality in the ribbon that I was describing earlier.

Cheers,
JtL
I see it & I LIKE it!

I really like the center part of the bow treatment. Can you get a more direct shot of that Chief? & what Feraud asked about the brim edge.

This thing has all kinds of character in addition to one up under it! :eek: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld