Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good old fashion advice

dixiedust

New in Town
I had to take a employee of mine to court this morning for a minor traffic violation. I wore a nice wool sports coat with dark slacks and a dark tan camel hair overcoat, with a dark brown Dobbs fedora. Upon entering the court room needless to say I felt very overdressed, After the judge had tried this case he said " Some of you folks might want to take notice of that man sitting there" Hell he was pointing at me!!!! "A persons apperance speaks for a lot" Also he said "Thank you sir for being respectful of this court, by Taking your hat off with out being asked to do so!!!!!!!" I got a few hard looks by the others in the court room---------After we left I felt damn good;

Dan:cool2:

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Order in the Court!

Welcome to the Lounge, Dixie!

Congratulations on the kudos! Many social graces have faded in recent years, but if you're under a real lid, "you gotta know yer stuff" - ballcaps be damned!

I think you'll find that your brand of traditional courteous protocol is widely respected here!

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
dixiedust said:
"A persons apperance speaks for a lot" Also he said "Thank you sir for being respectful of this court, by Taking your hat off with out being asked to do so!!!!!!!" I got a few hard looks by the others in the court room---------After we left I felt damn good;

Dan:cool2:
Class, isn't it great:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S