Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Deal: Vaguely A-2 Jacket in 100% Cotton for $20 New

vintagewool

Familiar Face
I was looking for a cotton windbreaker in a general "golf jacket" style but decided to risk $20 because this jacket vaguely resembled an A-2 aviator jacket.

The $20 jacket is the somewhat A-2-syle which is uninsulated which is the "light" jacket. The webpage confusingly combined two completely different jackets at different prices with the reviews for the two different jackets mixed together,

The zipper pull is on the right-hand side.

The brown is dark, like in the photographs, what one might call coffee or chocolate.

The design seems to be a long body where, when worn, the bottom of the jacket is about even with the bottom of the sleeve cuff.

One probably could get the jacket to ride on the hips by somehow cinching the sides/back.

It has a 100%-polyester lining, which seems rather purposeless and one could remove it.

The tag has 4 different size systems including "US" and the equivalent "JP" size. I ordered a 2XL and received a US-2XL Modern size labels are unreliable and I suspected that an L might run too small so I ordered the 2XL, which seems small for a 2XL:

27in Chest.
22in Body elastic cuff.
30in Body length.
23in Shoulder.
26in Sleeve.

The jacket would make a decent beater, or something to keep in the car, or something for a growing boy, or something a little different for a little-league team (depending on how small the sizes go).

I am tempted to try other colors and sizes but I have other things to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld