Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G-1 Jacket original WTB

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hello all, a short while ago, I stumbled upon a vintage (1970s) G-1 size 40 in a vintage store here in London going for a sneeze. I tried it on and it was spectacularly comfortable, the lengths were even perfect! Which is unusual. At first it seemed in decent condition, just needing a bit of conditioning and new knit. Trouble was, the shoulders were gone. Leather had worn through completely..
So, just putting it out there. Anyone with a decent G-1, measurements as close to the following:
Pit to pit 21.5 to 22.5
Back length, from base of collar to end of waistband - 25.5 to 27
Sleeve, from shoulder to end of cuff - 25.5 to 26+
Shoulder to shoulder - 17.5 to 19 (18 ideal)
I am 5'11, trim build, I recon a 40/ 42 or 44 - they all seem to fit differently, hence the measurements. Thanks

mihai

A-List Customer
Hi,
I have an early 50s G-1 size 40, fur collar, v nice condition. The satin lining inside. If you can hold on until tomorrow I'll come back with pics and measurements.
A shame I can not wear it. I bought it and sits in my collection ever since.
Please let me know if you're interested.
Best regards

nkang

One of the Regulars
Hi,
I have an early 50s G-1 size 40, fur collar, v nice condition. The satin lining inside. If you can hold on until tomorrow I'll come back with pics and measurements.
Best regards
Even I am interested :) Looking forward to pictures!

mihai

A-List Customer
Hi,
Best regards
I searched for an hour in my storage room. Nothing found yet although the jacket is there. I apologize.
I'll go back tomorrow for a more in-depth search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe