Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

futurama

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Sweet! Futurama is one of my favorite shows of all time. It was consistantly far better than the abomination that the Simpsons has become of late and I think the best Futurama episodes are equal to the best Simpsons ones.

I can probably watch my favorite episodes on my Futurama DVDs forever, but I went new episodes too, BRING BACK FUTURAMA!

futurama.jpg

Doh!

One Too Many
Futurama getting canceled while Family Guy is still on the air is almost as tragic as Phil Hartman being dead while Pauly Shore still breathes...

shamus

Suspended
Doh! said:
Futurama getting canceled while Family Guy is still on the air is almost as tragic as Phil Hartman being dead while Pauly Shore still breathes...

Family Guy is one step above Futurama. I enjoy both, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Family Guy. Luckily you can watch both back to back on Adult Swim!

Doh!

One Too Many
Man, I just don't get the appeal of Family Guy. I've tried to sit through about 4 episodes... and just can't finish them. While I agree that Simpsons is a shell of its former self, it'll always be remembered for bringing us the following and funniest-in-all-of-cartoon-kingdom exchange:

Homer is on the runaway monorail...

Marge (over the radio): Homer! There's a man here who can help you!

Homer: Batman!

Marge: It's a scientist.

Homer: Batman's a scientist.

simmo

Familiar Face
Got all the Futurama episodes on DVD and still laugh my head off no matter how many times i've seen them and to all the doubters ... you can kiss my shiny metal butt !!!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Oh I hope it comes back! I love it so much. It makes me laugh, and the Simpsons makes me laugh, but The Simpsons never made me cry like Futurama did. (I don't know *anyone* who didn't cry during Jurassic Bark. I think those people must be made of stone.

...oh man. Things made of stone... sniff.)

BV

MrBern

I'll Lock Up

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/002710592.cfm
futHonkingFinal.gif

Futurama is returning.AlGore already recording role. Maybe straight to DVD or maybe first to Comedy Central in 2008:

DAvidXCOHEN: When our story resumes, two long years have passed. As for the Fry/Leela relationship, we will be visiting that subject right away, so I refuse to tell you where it will lead on the grounds that I want you to buy the DVD.

Rosie

One Too Many
yay! I LOVE futurama. I love the Simpsons and Family Guy but Futurama is just different funny. I'm so happy.

I watch it on Adult swim when I remember too but, I've seen most of the episodes already.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
...one of the few series that's managed to make me laugh myself to the point of tears while watching it alone. Everything's more funny when there's someone in the room to laugh along with you, but it takes uproariously funny to make you laugh your head off with no one to help you along.

Here's hoping for another run!

"I'm Bender, baby! Please insert liquor!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe