Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Marathon Genuine Panama 7 1/2 Fits like 7 3/8

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Get ready for summer!

Selling this sweet Penney's Marathon Panama fedora. Marked 7 1/2 but fits like 7 3/8. Excellent condition, very clean - inside and out. Could use a minor steaming and reshaping to brim.

Asking $100 including shipping to CONUS. I will accept PayPal.

Send me a PM if interested.

Thank you!

marathonpanama1panama1.jpg

marathonpanama2.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. I'll be surprised if this one makes it through tonight. Good luck with the sale.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Hi Johnny -

The brim is 2 3/8 and the crown at its highest is 4 1/2
It's a very nice lid in great condition.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
FS: Marathon Genuine Panama tagged 7 1/2 with 22 inch circumference

Just measured the internal circumference which comes to around 22 inches. This lid was once a size 7 1/2 but I guess it has shrunk over the years. It also has shrunk over the ears. ;)

Still in excellent condition. Any regular size noggins out there interested?

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
The inside measurements are roughly 8 x 6
It's a little tricky, however, because the leather sweat, while in excellent condition, is a bit wavy due to the shrinkage of the straw over the years. That being said, the hat is in great condition, no breaks in the straw and a perfect shape and bash. I wear a 7 3/8 and the hat is definitely too tight and uncomfortable for me. If you're a 7 1/4 it will probably be perfect for you.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Yes, that's correct - the hat is marked 7 1/2 but fits more like a 7 1/4. I wear a 7 3/8 and it is too tight for me to wear comfortably. The hat has shrunk over the years, but the straw is in great shape and the crown has not lost its great shape and proportions.

Oh, I thought you said its marked a 7 1/2 but fits like a 7 3/8? So it does not fit like 7 3/8, but more like a 7 1/4? Just making sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82