Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For sale: Wesco Axe Breakers (9.5E) $475.

lina

One Too Many
Decided to try these off of Ebay, as I've always like the looks, but they don't quite work for my weird feet. A shame, because I think they are be-a-utiful boots! Anyway, I am listing them for what I paid, $475 plus shipping, compared with their new cost of $775.

First pic below is a glamor shot from the website, the rest are IRL.

Here is the original description from Standard and Strange
:

"The Axe Breakers were designed in collaboration with Wesco for their 100th anniversary. Produced in small batches with limited quantities, the Axe Breakers have been our most popular Wesco boot of all time.

The leather on these is a dense, black tea-core horsehide leather from Maryam tannery in Italy. This heavy horsehide will break in slowly, forming to the shape of your feet. The outer layer will fade and scuff from black to brown over time, as a result of the tea-core finish.

Previous editions of the Axe Breaker boots have been made from Horween CXL horsehide, which behaves similarly to the Maryam leather. Notably, the Maryam leather is a bit thicker, a touch more shiny, and with a slightly more prevalent grain texture.

The 7" boot is built on their Hendrik style using the 1339 last, with 1 less heel lift than usual. The brogue cap toes are held down with two rows of double stitching, a theme echoed with the four row stitching on the quarter. Brown stitching throughout the uppers bridges the gap between the black outer dye of the leather and the light tan tea core.

The uppers feature 4 brass eyelets, followed by 2 brass speedhooks, and one more set of eyelets for secure lacing over the gusseted tongue. The stamp on the ankle is the very first, original Wesco logo stamp from the 1920s.
As always, these are made in the USA, at Wesco's family-owned factory in Scappoose, Oregon.
If you currently own Wesco boots, these are on the 1339 last and will fit accordingly. If you are not yet a Wesco owner, choose your size in Red Wing Heritage boots or the Alden Barrie last. The E-width fits like a D in most brands."
  • Black Tea Core Maryam Horsebutt
  • 7" height
  • Vibram #269 sole and heel
Wesco 7.jpg Wesco 6.jpg Wesco 5.jpg Wesco 4.jpg Wesco 3.jpg Wesco 2.jpg Wesco 1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun