Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Federation cowboy hat?

Bebop

Practically Family
What is this with people telling me they like my cowboy hat when they see my Akubra Federation? It does not look like a cowboy hat to me. It looks somewhat like an Indiana Jones hat if anything. But a cowboy hat? I seem to get that remark in San Francisco more than in Spokane Wa. so maybe it's a big city view of the hat. Does anyone else get the cowboy hat remark when you wear your fedoras?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
That is odd. I'm from S.F. and still work there but haven't gotten the 'cowboy hat' remark yet. Indiana Jones twice this week. People just don't have any knowledge of hats much anymore. Certainly see mostly ball caps in S.F.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hidalgo

This is probably why they're calling it a cowboy hat. This is one of those transition hats. Look Familiar?
hidalgo.jpg

Looks like a fedora but also looks like a cowboy hat. Could also be the width of the brim. Most folks today see a modern fedora and it's a Sinatra style with a smaller brim that they recognize. Anything with a wider brim gets lumped in with the western croud. You have to understand, a good friend and wise sage once told me, that 99% of the people in the world are asleep 99% of the time. Sad, but true. We are but a handful that have any style, taste or common sence. The rest are just in a fog. But hey, that's just my two cents. Take it for what it's worth. ;)

Cheers!

Dan

indyjim

Familiar Face
I get the "cowboy' remark all the time. If its not a ball cap, then it must be
a cowboy hat by default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S