Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite of all--most comfortable--go to jacket

galvestonokie

Familiar Face
Dear all:

here is my favorite, go-to jacket. i had to save my pennies and sell a couple of jackets to buy it, but am very happy. maybe a bit cheesy wearing a james bond movie jacket, but it works for me. bought for about $900 USD, it's a lot, but way less than a new jacket from some vendors.
there has been some criticism--soft lamb leather, acid washed or whatever. like Tommy Lee told Harrison, "I don't care." i doubt if i'll live long enough to wear it out and it works well. i've wadded it up in airplance overheads, worn it in the rain.
i have some way cool G-1s but not always comfortable wearing a jacket with a fur collar.
and, no one has asked me if i borrowed it from 007. GT

link below. please see the rear view for proper bi-swing.

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=...=360&page=3&start=63&ndsp=30&ved=0CLMCEK0DMEc

Edward

Bartender
Lamb's not for the klutzes among us who need a jacket that will take a bit more abuse, but there's nothing wrong with it as a hide as such (just personal preference). As far as I can tell, it's a lot more accurate to a huge number of real vintage jackets than the heavier hides most of us now prefer. The design of that one looks really nice. I like the pockets - that slightly shallower angle, same as on the Aero Sunburst. It's a nice look. The collar is really nicely shaped, too - I like that very pointed look to it. TBH, I doubt I'd recognise it as a Bond jacket (I've seen that film a couple of times, too) - you certainly won't be feeling the Indy effect (or - far worse - the Top Gun comments a patched flying jacket can raise). Any picsof you wearing it?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
I like the cut a lot, especially the pointy collar. Overall a very nice jacket!

But I can't agree with the pre-distressing - you mentioned it before.
Maybe a little bit is ok, but in the end it means less life-time for the jacket.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Nice pattern it would be good in goat. Few would get the Bond vibe from it given Bond is like a fashion model and ponces about the world in a fresh trendy outfit every few minutes. He's not like Indiana Jones, identified with one look.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Kt Templer bought one and it looked good. Sounds like a good close enough alternative and a slightly more robust leather too. I'm sure the quality of the Wested would be no worse that the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken