Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Advice Wanted (NO Peeking Guys!)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It appears that I will have the pleasure of meeting some Fellas of the Lounge next week. I also have gained weight over the summer, so my clothing choices are limited at the moment. :(

What should I wear?

Swing dress, lovely retro pattern but not very flattering. Hat: no problem to match.

Business Suit, Black (won't show up great in photos), too-long skirt on my short frame, looks nice. Hat: no problem to match.

Business Suit, Brown Cowboy styling, very cool and looks great but skirt is cut short at the knee, so doesn't look as retro. Hat: not sure if I have a match or not.

What would YOU wear to meet the Fellas of the Lounge?

Vintage Betty

Josephine

One Too Many
I would wear what you feel best in, as the outfit could be drop dead but if you aren't comfortable in it, it will show. And the guys are there to meet you, not your dress. :)

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Josephine gave great advice but out of the choices you gave the middle one seems to be the best as is, but if you could shine up the swing dress to look more flattering with a sweater, jewlery, or corrective undergarmets I would end up doing that one simply because it seems to be the most comfortable sounding.

Hopefully that helps and I know whatever you pick you will look great in!

ShortClara

One Too Many
It does depend on how fancy you need to be. Do you have the option of pairing a skirt with a great sweater? I'm with Paisley - hem the skirt :) and wear the suit you like - or mix with a blouse/ sweater if you don't have to be too fancy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld