Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Evening ladies and gents...

GTguyzach

New in Town
Hi everyone,

After spending about 2hrs on here straight last night (rather than doing my school work like I should), I figured I should register and introduce myself as I'm well on the way to becoming a junkie. What started as a simple search about Steve Mcqueen's clothing in The Great Escape has turned into a budding addiction...

Anyway, my name is Zach, I'm 22 and reside in Atlanta, GA (grew up in NC) where I'm currently a senior Georgia Tech (Go Jackets!). I've learned to despise the dressing down trend in current society and long for a time when it was common to walk down the street and see every man, young or old, dressed well. I've been gradually trying to change my own style to that of a classier fellow (not sure if I can quite qualify as a gentleman yet) but it has been difficult given my budget and busy college life.

I'm willing to work at it though and unlike the majority here it seems, I love the old style but I am not opposed to injecting some modern aspects as well. I'd like to take the best parts of both modern dress and vintage dress to create my own look. I'm particularly interested in how dress may have varied region to region, as I'm very proud of my Southern heritage and would love to look the part of the classic Southern gentleman.

But enough rambling, I look forward to learning a lot and meeting some interesting people here. Thanks for having me at the lounge.

-Zach

One last thing, figure it wouldn't be a proper introduction without a picture. This was taken from this summer, none of the stuff is vintage and the suit is a big on me (I'd lost 15lbs since buying it and was/still waiting for myself to even out before I get it altered), regardless I hope you enjoy.

IMG_2404.JPG

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Welcome

Glad you joined the crowd. And there's nothing wrong with
mixing up the look, old and new, just be yourself. :)

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Welcome

Welcome to the Lounge. Glad to see another North Carolinian here at the lounge. All NC an SC natives need to get together and have a vintage weekend reunion. We could probably do this down in Wilmington. What part of NC did you grow up in? I am from Rocky Mount.

Eric "Gray Ghost" Russ

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
rambling, junkies and addictions....

What horrible words!

Wise words, polite "gentlemen", and interest is more like it. :)

Welcome to the nuthouse! I mean.....well, um, the trendy nuthouse?

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How about hats? Do you like hats? We like hats. Other stuff, too. But we like hats. Fedoras, et. al., and 1898 Campaign hats with that classy crimp bash and neat bow. Welcome to the lounge, GTguyZach! You'll love it here. Did I mention we like hats?

dean

Sly Style

Familiar Face
Naama said:
Wow, that's quite a white suit ;) Hello and welcome!

Naama

That suit is white? Gah I thought it was light blue! Curse my colorblindness.

I remain sincerely,
Benny K

GTguyzach

New in Town
I grew up in Raleigh. All my relatives (including my parents) were born and raised in the Winston-Salem area. I'd love to go to Wilmington! I've always enjoyed my time there when I've had a chance to visit.

Hats... of course I love hats! I'm a little frightened of wearing them though. I'm still learning about them though and would like to start wearing some. I really wanted a straw hat to compliment my seersucker this summer. It does not help that my head seems to be larger than most. I think my hat size is somewhere in the 7 1/2 to 7 3/4 range depending on the hat. So the head size combined with the fact that I'm not sure what's appropriate to wear or what even looks good on me has made my cautious of hats, that's something I would like to fix though.

My suit is neither white nor light blue, it is both! It's a seersucker with the traditional blue striping. The distance and the glare in the picture make it difficult to pick up on.

While I'm still learning about the golden era, I think that the general attitude (including the idea that a man should not leave the house without a hat) attracts me. Those types of gentlemanly rules and the general attention to detail and of course the style are what attract me to the golden era style of dress. It is difficult to pinpoint one or even two specific things that attract me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe