Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
EG makes good stuff. Some of it is a bit stylized. There are American retailers, but they don't carry a huge amount of stock.

Here I am wearing an EG shirt and knit Bedford jacket:

p1014205sb0.jpg

Hey Alan, are the trousers you are wearing there the Swedish military variety? Looks like you did a little hemming work there. Am I correct? Looks like a very warm outfit for a very cool day.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Edward

Bartender
Prices are rather too rich for my blood, though I very much like the looks of that A1-inspired jacket. To my eye, the cotton A1 inspired jackets I have seen often appear much classier than the A" inpsired equivalents, for hatever reason. Possibly a fit thing, as all too often the A" inspired types are based on a much more modern, baggy bodied and low armholed cut.

mattfink

Practically Family
I have to say a resounding F all this "inpired" crap. I either want the real thing or a damn good reproduction. Over and out....:rage:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I had an idea to do just A-1s - build-your-own style. The one basic pattern, with a few plug-in options (varsity collar? swingback? zip front?), in a whole buncha different hides/fabrics.

I assume the invisible forces of The Industry, wrapped as always in the false cloak of The Market, would dash any such plans against the rocks of their well-controlled reality. Clothes are a very highly structured business, built by smart people who make sure there are fire exits but no back doors.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DanielJones said:
Hey Alan, are the trousers you are wearing there the Swedish military variety? Looks like you did a little hemming work there. Am I correct?

DJ, they're actually Orvis wool trousers. I did have them hemmed and cuffed. Thanks for the kind words. With today's temps in the 90s that seems like a long time ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust