Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Egypt's Female Pharaoh mummy found

Story

I'll Lock Up
CAIRO, June 26 -- The centuries-old search for the mummy of Queen Hatshepsut, Egypt's most famous female pharaoh, may finally have ended.

According to US-based Discovery Channel, Egypt's antiquities supremo Zahi Hawass will announce at a media conference in Cairo on Wednesday "the most important find in Egypt's Valley of the Kings since the discovery of Tutankhamun" in 1922.

http://news.africast.com/africastv/article.php?newsID=62289

Rut ro... this is how *those kind* of movies always start.
:eek:

Story

I'll Lock Up
the toe knows...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6918687.stm

An artificial big toe found on the foot of an ancient Egyptian mummy could be the world's earliest functional fake body part, UK experts believe.

A Manchester University team hope to prove that the leather and wood "Cairo toe" not only looked the part but also helped its owner walk.

They will test a replica in volunteers whose right big toe is missing.

If true, the toe will predate the currently considered earliest practical prosthesis - a fake leg from 300BC.

_44023621_faketoe.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
fascinating.. Greg! Thanks..I have been following the revelations of the 15th century and earlier Chinese voyages that is creating great interest in the historical world as well...

dr greg

One Too Many
careful though!

cookie said:
fascinating.. Greg! Thanks..I have been following the revelations of the 15th century and earlier Chinese voyages that is creating great interest in the historical world as well...

That book about the Chinese navigators supposedly circumnavigating the world was seriously debunked on Four Corners last year. The guy is a charlatan apparently, with previous form.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
dr greg said:
That book about the Chinese navigators supposedly circumnavigating the world was seriously debunked on Four Corners last year. The guy is a charlatan apparently, with previous form.

That is interesting because they have a website that has been sending me continuous info on the various discoveries. There is a film and exhibititions in China and elswhere and revised and updated copy of my book etc etc...

dr greg

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82