Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress shirts are dead.

Dashing1

New in Town
About using collar bars with button down shirts, I do not think it would work. Button down holes are long and the bar is round. It would probably slip through the hole. There are shirts made for use with the collar bar that goes through a shirt.

Actually, a collar PIN can be worn with a button-down, if one has the right amount of panache!
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice tagline, Dashing1. I teach Latin at UC Berkeley and I highly approve! But I don't see buttons on Fred's collar.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PenMan said:
Not quite the point of the thread, but I adhere to certain rules when it comes to clothes. For example, I always and without exception wear shoes, underpants, socks, a shirt and pants to work. I almost always wear a jacket or suit, but that is not a rule. I never wear a skirt anywhere .... I have never worn a dress. When I ski I wear ski boots, but at no other time. I never wear a brown belt with black shoes.

There are more. None of this makes me a follower ....

These rules strike me as quite sensible, my good (Pen)man. They are all a bit radical at first glance, but I believe I shall follow them without feeling like too much of a "follower" type personality. In fact, I already do heed similar ones, now that I scrutinize my life.
Personally, for example, I have never worn hiking boots while giving a lecture on a subject other than hiking. I have never gone naked in public. I have also, without exception, never gone to work barefoot; socks, underpants, a shirt, and trousers have also been worn upon each occasion. These are fine rules and I say we not chuck them out or rebel against them without great cause.
I have, however, worn a dress only once, on Halloween. Many guffaws occurred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally