Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Douglas Fairbanks Jnr styled 40's English 3pc DB suit in navy (PICS).

GBR

One of the Regulars
Does it have neither back pocket(s) or cash/watch pocket in the trousers?

How many inside pockets in the jacket.

I am looking to detail a repro for ordering in the autumn so comment on the details of a guenuine British 1940s suit would be welcome. I plan to get it as close to original rather than add current pocket detail to an otherwise authentic outlne.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very, very nice.

I agree with cookie that it's a bit tight at the posterior. The coat is tight across the small of the back, too.

I really like the trouser length and cuffs.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Details:

GBR said:
Does it have neither back pocket(s) or cash/watch pocket in the trousers?

How many inside pockets in the jacket.

I am looking to detail a repro for ordering in the autumn so comment on the details of a guenuine British 1940s suit would be welcome. I plan to get it as close to original rather than add current pocket detail to an otherwise authentic outlne.

Details.

Jacket: Inside right pocket.
Pants: Back right pocket.
Ticket pocket: on the inside of the right hand main pocket.

I hope that serves to help you in your quest. Baron Kurtz would no doubt be delighted to assist as well, if you ask him nicely. Kindest Regards.

Lovely. Told you it'd be a winner . . . if possible, could there be close-ups of the suspender/fly buttons? Also, some detail of the Burtons tag with all the sizes on it. There should be at least one in each piece. The trousers one is often the easiest to photograph - inside the right hip pocket - but they're often very worn so there should be one inside the inside breast pocket of the jacket or one of the waistcoat pockets.

On to the hat. What crease have you produced? It looks great! Much better than my shabby C-Crown.

bk

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Damn! I was hoping it wouldn't fit you Paddy so I could buy it off of you!

Corker of a suit :)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
*DRROOOOOLLLL** What an outstanding find! That is such an outrageous suit- completely classic, but would definitely stand out in a crowd. The DB navy pinstripe one of those elusive 30s/40s quintessential wardrobe keystones that I have yet to obtain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82