Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs Fifteen

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got this one as a gamble. There was no size listed in the auction, it was open crowned, and listed as a hat box. I got it cheap, and figured that if it wasn't right, I could always sell it and fund another couple hats.
Thankfully, it came and it fit. I put a quick bash into it, and plunked it down on my head.

I'm quite a fan of fuzzy fedoras, and I think that with the color combo and the pleated band, this one is the coolest I've seen.

The ribbon seems to change depending on the light from a brown to a royal purple. The felt is quite fuzzy and soft. From the open-crownedness, the spotlessness and lack of mothbites, and the perfect condtion of the hat box, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was never worn.

It has a wide, fuzzy "guild edge", which is pretty cool to see. The brim is 2-7/8".

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

the color is closest in this picture.

Only thing I can figure is that you must have performed many a good turn in a previous life, Spencer, seeing how you haven't yet seen enough of this one to be deserving of such great fortune. Unless, that is, you spend your days helping little old ladies cross the street and your evenings rescuing them from burning buildings.
Now, just to turn us all the greener, tell how much (or little, more likely) you paid for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally