Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs 5th Ave, Part 1

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, I think I mentioned a while back that I was trying to get my hands on a narrow brimmed Dobbs. Not really a stingy brim, but something around a 2 inch. I ended up with 2! I'm between sizes, and I'll have both ends covered [huh]

Anyway, the first arrived today. It wasn't very well shaped, but some cold water and about 30 minutes of hand shaping changed that. The picks aren't the best... I don't know what happened, but here they are;

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/micha...rcia13/my_photos?urlhint=actn,del%3as,1%3af,0

The liner is sewn in, the sweat is real leather, but there are no tags. Any estimates as to it's vintage?
NB

Magus

Practically Family
ortega76 said:
I dig that lid! I'm looking to branch out from my preferred stingies and I think I may look into a hat like that. Looks good on you, my man.

Very nice! Good work you did there.

Orteg...include the Dobbs twenty and Knox Flying Cloud in your search. The FC's are not only like...but aroud that brim size and tend toward the pastel colors (very cool)

M

Razzman

One Too Many
Not-Bogart13 said:
Well, I think I mentioned a while back that I was trying to get my hands on a narrow brimmed Dobbs. Not really a stingy brim, but something around a 2 inch. I ended up with 2! I'm between sizes, and I'll have both ends covered [huh]

Anyway, the first arrived today. It wasn't very well shaped, but some cold water and about 30 minutes of hand shaping changed that.

Nice hat. When you say it's not really a stingy brim, what exactly is considered a stingy brim? Would it be anything under 2' ?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
!!!

thefedorastore said:
Looks great! I didn't know Miller hat vintage hats! ;)

You know me so well! lol

Razzman, I beleive anything under 2" is considered a stingy brim.

Thanks for all the compliments so far, gents. Hope to be posting the second one soon.

NB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe