Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discovered and purchased a unique find at an outlet mall yesterday...

Navin323i

Practically Family
Just in case any of the non-U.S. members aren't familiar with "outlet malls", basically various retail businesses can set up shop at outlet malls where they can sell various things such as overstock items, etc. at lower prices than what they would sell at regular department store malls.

I was at a local outlet mall yesterday and stopped by the Adidas outlet store, and found something quite cool and unique. I didn't realize the uniqueness of my find until the Adidas store employee told me that sometimes they receive "prototype" items from their corporate office and they'll usually get just one item and in one size only. I was lucky enough that this was close enough to my normal size that I could purchase and wear this. I was told I'm the only person in the world to have this item.

Pictures are below. FYI, anytime you see either the word "sample" on a big white paper tag attached to the garment or if you see "sample" indicated on the actual tag stitched to the garment, basically you've found a one of a kind prototype item.

The color appears to be blue but it changes color depending on the light to either blue or purple.

I like the vertical stripes because they have a "slimming" effect on the person wearing the shirt...
AdidasPrototype1.jpg

AdidasPrototype2.jpg

Solid black back view...
AdidasPrototype3.jpg

Two ways to determine if you have a prototype item...
1) Stitched tag that indicates "sample"
AdidasPrototype4.jpg

or
2) White paper tag attached to the shirt that indicates "sample"

AdidasPrototype5.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know nothing about sports shirts, but assume it must be a vintage item or a vintage repro otherwise it would not be posted on this forum. ;)

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Some people have too much time on their hands and need to get back to their regular jobs ! lol lol lol lol

The Mods know their stuff and will do as they see fit. We don't need self-appointed policemen. If you really feel the need, then simply PM a mod and leave it at that. No need to do this sort of cr*p in public. It is petty and should not be what the Lounge is about. We are not in school !!!

This is supposed to be a laid back place where people can post (and mis-post) in a relaxed place with kindred souls.

Dave

Navin323i

Practically Family
aswatland said:
I know nothing about sports shirts, but assume it must be a vintage item or a vintage repro otherwise it would not be posted on this forum. ;)

JoeNiblick said:
Interesting find! Perhaps it would be more appropriate for "General Attire & Accouterments?"

aswatland said:
Agreed. Perhaps the moderators can move it there.

Andrew/Joe - Please accept my apologies if my post here offended either of you. I intentionally made my post here because I classify this shirt as "Outerwear" in the summer time anyhow, plus I didn't think this would be a problem since we're all laid back here and like one big happy family. :)

Again, if my post here offended you both or anyone else here, I'm sorry. I was just so excited about my unique find that I wanted to share with everyone here, that's all. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Dudleydoright said:
Some people have too much time on their hands and need to get back to their regular jobs ! lol lol lol lol

The Mods know their stuff and will do as they see fit. We don't need self-appointed policemen. If you really feel the need, then simply PM a mod and leave it at that. No need to do this sort of cr*p in public. It is petty and should not be what the Lounge is about. We are not in school !!!

This is supposed to be a laid back place where people can post (and mis-post) in a relaxed place with kindred souls.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I agree with you completely... I consider this a laid back place where we can all post in a relaxed place. As I mentioned above I consider this garment outerwear in the summertime hence the reason why I posted here.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No offence taken whatsoever. The reason for my comment was that people interested in modern shirts will not look in this section of the forum as Outerwear is for vintage items.

Navin323i

Practically Family
aswatland said:
No offence taken whatsoever. The reason for my comment was that people interested in modern shirts will not look in this section of the forum as Outerwear is for vintage items.

That makes sense... I didn't realize Outerwear is for vintage items only. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe