Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Detachable cuffs?

Fidena

One of the Regulars
Hello, loungers.

I recently bought a shirt that accepts detachable collars. While I do have the collars, I don't have any cuffs to go with it.

The shirt is from the era back when detachable cuffs were commonplace- I thought that they looked off, and the idea didn't strike me until I saw an old ad for detachable cuffs. The more I look at it, the more I think that's probably what's wrong.

I know I've seen the odd cuff on ebay, but are there any contemporary retailers that sell cuffs? Could I just use cufflinks on what's there?

Here's what the cuffs look like-

peVtx.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Are you sure they aren't just single link cuffs? Sproily has a shirt with detachable cuffs, he may be able to advise on the size of the cuff band.

Cobden

Practically Family
It doesn't look like a detachable cuff shirt to me, IMHO. They usually have a very thin cuff with a row of buttons around the bottom, to which the cuff buttons onto.

sproily

Practically Family
My detachable cuffs button on with two buttons. Once to the shirt and the second time with cufflinks.

All shirts for use with cufflinks can be used with detachable cuffs. Detachable cuff shirts, however, are single with no buttons.

Last edited:

Fidena

One of the Regulars
go53p.jpg

Here's a pretty nice pair- shame they only come with a really expensive container. =/ Oh well.

I'm guessing the lower buttons are what attatches it to the shirt, right? Upper buttons are for the cuff links.

I can't imagine that it buttons like french cuffs do because of how stiff they are. Now I'm wondering about cuff size.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe