Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Date this overcoat.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I have bought sold and collected vintage for years. And am rarely stumped, but this one has got me very undecided.

the lining and tag as well as the fabric say 50s or early 60s to me. But the collar says 30s 40s, as does the pinched waist, or 70s. But by the 70s linings, and tags had changed a lot. The one exception is the traditional men's shops who sometimes kept their same tag styles into later days.

I would say 40s, but the buttons are smaller, look newer, and the pockets are at an angle, which suggests late sixties seventies. Is this possibly a late sixties carnaby street mod kind of thing. It seems too well made and classic to be 70s, but the collar does not look 60s at all. it also doesn't seem as heavy as a 30s or even 40s.

Picture538.jpg

Picture537.jpg

Picture536.jpg

Picture579.jpg

Picture539.jpg

would be appreciated.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I have an early-1930s overcoat with angled pockets like that. Also has similar cuffs as well.

As for the buttons, they could have been replaced some time in the recent future.

I'm going to guess 1940s, but I think more and better pictures are needed for a clear determination.

Any union tag?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust