Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crusher Cap I Won On eBay

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Pinks crusher?

Never heard of such a thing, much less seen one.
I presume it was only to be worn with the pinks gabardine shirt, as it would have made a mess of the green blouse.
I have seen pinks garrison caps, tho they're rare.

Technonut

Practically Family
Fletch said:
Never heard of such a thing, much less seen one.
I presume it was only to be worn with the pinks gabardine shirt, as it would have made a mess of the green blouse.
I have seen pinks garrison caps, tho they're rare.

Fletch, I am by NO means an expert on crusher caps. I just liked what I saw in the listing, and went for it. ;) All I have to go by is the description, pics, and what DanielJones posted... [huh] It did not arrive today as expected... Should be tomorrow for certain. I am VERY curious to see how the cap appears in natural sunlight.

Originally Posted by DanielJones
Very nice catch! It looks like you got the hard to find Officers Pinks summer crusher cap. I'd say you got it a fabulous price, especially since it is your size to boot. Congratulations! :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

fishmeok

Dinerman

Feraud

Thanks gentlemen... :)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
In my experience an original pink gabardine summer Officers crusher is fairly hard to find in decent condition at a reasonable working man's price, and I have been looking for some time. Being a summer cover they would have been sweat in and usually rotted from the inside out, especially in tropical regions. So to find one in wearable condition is a bonus.
Looking at the photos from the auction I'd say don't be surprised if it doesn't have the flop you're looking for. From the photo it appears the seller is squeezing the cap from the back giving the illusion of a sagging crusher.[huh]
Mvc-003s.jpg

Although it could be an optical illusion that he is squeezing it too. You'll know for sure once you get it in hand. Hopefully it is what you have been expecting.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Technonut

Practically Family
Nice One!

Now, this is more like it... :) I really do like this cap. It has a lot of character IMO.. ;) I placed the cap with a pair of wool cavalry twill Indiana Jones Raiders pants (Noel Howard) for a couple of pics to compare.

The last pic was a mirror shot taken under fluorescent lighting. Looks like a completely different color... [huh]

stubbly009.jpg

stubbly010.jpg

stubbly019.jpg

stubbly021.jpg

stubbly024.jpg

stubbly0045fl.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
Well now, that is a good looking crusher. Happy see that the seller made good for you. Congratulations!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks Dan... :) I am not really a military hat collector. I thought it would be interesting to take some vintage looking pics with an A-2 and the crusher. I always liked the pics of my relatives taken during WW2. The cap turning out to be a hard to find variant was a bonus. :D

crusherbwflavt.jpg

Zeropositive

Familiar Face
now that is an excellent condition crusher cap, being US gear the price is never as high as the German stuff.... still if you have the uniform to go with it I am sure you will be voted best dressed at a WW2 night...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust