Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Could YOU help me decide?

The real Henry

Practically Family
I think it depends on what style you're after. If you want a 30s/40s look I defenetly wouldn't buy the last, as it seems to be from the 60s. Then you have to decide if you want a fedora or a homburg. Homburgs often appear to look more formal than a fedora like the Dobbs Twenty, which would be my choice. But I think if they're in a nice condition, the Borsalino homburgs are from the highest quality!

Regards,

Henrik

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
This one's easy!

I think we have similar tastes, JJ. If I had to pick, knowing I wanted either a wide brimmed fedora or a homburg, I would dive for the black homburg. In fact, if it were a true 7 1/2, we'd be competing. The picture is fair, the description is very thorough, and it's hard to find a really nice black homburg (in my humble opinion) on ebay. I wouldn't pass it up if I were you. If I lost out on it, then I'd I go for the gray homburg from the same seller.
Good luck!
NB

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Could YOU help me delete this thread?

ufguy11 said:
Now I know that it might not be very smart to show pictures of hats that have not been won yet, since others on the lounge

Why is there a rule against posting active eBay auctions?
If you want to know why the prices are rising on eBay,
this is a good reason right here.

I recommend a hat that fits.

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Welcome ufguy11

ufguy11,

The Borsalinos look the best.
You should though go back to the first post and take the auction links out.

Live auctions should not be posted.

Good Luck,

WeeGee

ideaguy

One Too Many
I would be bidding if any of them fit, and we (and a few others)
would be in competition with each other, hence the rule of
not posting live auctions..."there are no friends at auction..."
Frank Corea,1990

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. I apologize for posting the live auctions, I've been a member of the lounge for a couple of months but wasn't aware of this "rule". Thank you.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
How to go about it.

If I want advice before bidding on a hat from ebay (or anywhere else), I try to present the pertinent info without mentioning the source. If possible, I copy the pictures from the website and post them alone. It gets you the info you need without identifying any auctions or other seller info. If you want to know about a specific seller, I see people do that all the time without actually pointing out a particular item.
NB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally