Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can somebody name this hat?

Magus

Practically Family
Hmmmm...wool can tough to get it to hold shape. Since you hav triedvarious things I suppose one more wont hurt...have you tied spray starch? I would usually never consider that...but who knows?

tortswon

Practically Family
Balboa brim

As a Philadelphian, I can well understand why you aspire to this particular hat. What you have to remember is that the fabric of that particular model is designed to respond in that precise way to the climatic conditions of the City of Brotherly love. It is my understanding that the look is gained by running up the steps of the Art Museum carrying a mustard laden soft pretzel in one hand and a cheesesteak in the other shouting, "Yo Adrianne" at the top of your lungs. If you are prepared to undertake the pilgrimage, I will be happy to assist you in the procurement of the soft pretzel and cheesesteak. Best, Sam

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
That 'particular' hat was made for the movie by Baron Hats in Burbank. I actually was there one day when they were going through the process with the costume designers and they have version of it on display in their shop.

While they don't market the Rocky Balboa like they do some other reproductions, I'm sure if you gave them a call they might be able to make one for you.

That, or keep an eye out for something similar on da'Bay.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Why do the same dumb jokes pop into my head everytime I see thread titles like "Can somebody name this hat?" or "Can someone help me date this jacket?" No, don't answer that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe