Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown Model 1945 Metropolitan

D

dzacca

DanielJones said:
Congratulations and you are welcome! I hope you enjoy it for a lifetime.
So, dzacca, do we have any pics to show us? We'd love to see your new lid. They do start off a bit stiff but the more you handle it the softer it gets and still holds it shape well. Good to hear you didn't have to deal with any additional customs fees.
When you get the chance lets see your new prize.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

I had experience of the stiffness fading away with the time :) my Akubra Fed DL came in very stiff, but after a few weeks became softer.

Here the only (in)decent shot I've got so far. Unfortunately I forgot my camera at my girlfriend's house :eusa_doh: (and she lives 450 km from me...), so I had to take this shot with my mobile phone... I forgot to balance the white and the photo came out almost yellow, I converted it to BW so it's at least viewable... I'll post other shots as soon as I can handle to have a few new decent shots made with my camera ;)

03082007092.jpg

Sorry for my ugly face, but I was just arrived home after the trip in Ireland and I was overtired... and unshaved ;)

P.S. :eek:fftopic: If any of you want to have a taste of how South Ireland looks like, go and see this few shots I made when I was there.

http://www.openchoice.it/ORK/

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Bump... Sale time...

I found this over at the Fedora Chronicles & thought folks here would be interested in a good deal.

Hello all,

Since I have gotten some recent orders for Fieldmasters, I have decided that I'd much rather be a hat guy than a lawyer.

SO - try this on for size folks. For COW members, FL Members and Fedora Chronicle Members

Until May 30 - Any Camptown Hat $175 all styling included and FREE SHIPPING if you pay by Money Order. Visit the site too and increase my hit count ! http://www.camptownhats.com

The Bonus - The more hats that are sold, the more likely it becomes that I can stop practicing law and become something cool like a hatter like my good friend Steve Delk (to whom my Camptown is perpetually tipped.... )

So folks, give me a reason to order more brown hat bodies !

Regards
Ken / JJ

For those who would enjoy a quality hat without a monster wait time I would give Ken a shot at producing your new hat. Wheter you want that Indy/adventure hat or a beautiful city hat Ken's offerings ar top notch. thus far we have our faithful brown and a stunning grey. And, hopefully with enough interest, there will be a black or Noir versoin of the 1945 Metropolitan.

So, check out his site, give him a call and lets add Ken to the roster of full time hat makers that offer us the headwear we love so much.

Cheers!

Dan

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
I've been eying the Metropolitan for awhile now. This may just be the push I need to go ahead and pick one up. It reminds me of the gray fedora IJ wears at the end of Raiders when on the steps with Marion. BTW, anyone know what type of crease he has in that hat? I've been trying to find a good picture of it but no joy.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
MrFusion: I think bash in the "Washington" hat is the same as the "Adventure" hat, but maybe not as tight a pinch. What ever you're looking for I'm sure Ken can accomodate.

Cheers!

Dan

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
DanielJones said:
MrFusion: I think bash in the "Washington" hat is the same as the "Adventure" hat, but maybe not as tight a pinch. What ever you're looking for I'm sure Ken can accomodate.

Cheers!

Dan

I need to pop the DVD back in on the PC and see if I can get a good look at it but I believe you are correct: It's pretty much the IJ hat but in grey.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I'm pretty sure. If you need an image of that hat, you'll most likely find it over at COW for sure since that debate in wheter it is grey or not is still a hot one.;)

Cheers!

Dan

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Sorry about the picture size, and I hope I'm not the only one interested in this but here are a few pictures of the "Washington Hat".

indy1.JPG

Looks gray to me. Seems to have the same tight front pinch as his Adventurer.

indy2.JPG

Looks like a center dent.

indy3.JPG

One more of the front.

K

Kaosharper1

Washington Hat

I remember reading on COW that it was another HJ hat except in grey.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Camptown hat quality

So now that many of you have Camptown hats...How are they holding up?...I've talked with some people and read endless threads...and I'd have to say it's a fifty-fifty attitude about these hats. Some love them...some have found them to not be the bullet proof hat they expected.[huh]
So what do current Camptown owners think?

Or maybe we should start a new thread and discuss Camptown quality?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very well thank you!

2 1/2 years and still going strong. No taper or droop. Yes, the ribbon is a bit sun faded, but most hats will eventually get that way. The leather sweatband is in fantastic shape and allows a good air flow over the noggin.

100_1062.jpg

100_1066.jpg

Thus far one of the happy campers for sure. Really I can't say enough good things about these hats. Ken has offered up a good product at a very fair cost.

Cheers!
Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Jack! They are a joy to wear. The one I'm hoping will take off if there is enough interest it the "Noir" model of the Metropolitan. Basically a black fedora with the Metropolitan dimensions. I'd jump on one of those since I know Camptown's quality & it would be great to add a black number to the mix.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust