Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Button down knit vest...??

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I've been trying to find one of these basic knit vest similar to the ones shown below.
Chris Cooper in Seabiscuit (middle)
http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2003/Seabiscuit/movie.fs/15?w=1400&h=932

Kevin Klein in De-Lovely
delovely1big.jpg
delovely2_1092417959.jpg

Now, where can one find a modern day rendition of this classic looking mens knit vest with the V notch at the bottom. I've seen plenty of the "golf" vests and the like all over the net but they have the squared off bottom. The thrift stores & antique malls in my neck of the woods are as useful as hen poop on a pump handle when it comes to stuff like this, so I was hoping to be able to find a modern copy somewhere. It is proving to be as elusive as the proverbial snipe. I've seen the cable knit variety but I haven't seen any of the ones similar to the tight knit of a light cardigan as shown above. Any clues?
So, I would appreciate any help and suggestions to finding this specific type of vest. I thank you for your help and input. Have a great weekend!:)

Cheers!

Dan

Dagwood

Practically Family
Unfortunately, I don't know where to find them, but according to this link, the clothes for De-Lovely were designed by Giorgio Armani.

Good luck in your search.

Marty M.

Vendor
DanielJones said:
I've been trying to find one of these basic knit vest similar to the ones shown below.
Chris Cooper in Seabiscuit (middle)
http://outnow.ch/Media/Img/2003/Seabiscuit/movie.fs/15?w=1400&h=932

Kevin Klein in De-Lovely
delovely1big.jpg
delovely2_1092417959.jpg

Now, where can one find a modern day rendition of this classic looking mens knit vest with the V notch at the bottom. I've seen plenty of the "golf" vests and the like all over the net but they have the squared off bottom. The thrift stores & antique malls in my neck of the woods are as useful as hen poop on a pump handle when it comes to stuff like this, so I was hoping to be able to find a modern copy somewhere. It is proving to be as elusive as the proverbial snipe. I've seen the cable knit variety but I haven't seen any of the ones similar to the tight knit of a light cardigan as shown above. Any clues?
So, I would appreciate any help and suggestions to finding this specific type of vest. I thank you for your help and input. Have a great weekend!:)

Cheers!

Dan
Dan,
I think that I still have a couple of vendors that stock them. As I recall that model vest came in a lambswool, a cotton and a royay baby Alpaca. I'll check on Monday. PM me if you don't here from me on Monday.
Marty Mathis

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
That's a very rare style. I have one in black cashmere made by Romeo Gigli that I got at Barney's around ten years ago. I hadn't seen that ilk before nor since. I too would be interested in their availability.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Marty: Thank you for the help. It appears you may be the 'go to' man when it comes to the odd vest or waistcoat.:eusa_clap

Tomasso: Could you post a picture of said cashmere?:)

Cheers!

Dan

Jovan

Suspended
Dagwood said:
Unfortunately, I don't know where to find them, but according to this link, the clothes for De-Lovely were designed by Giorgio Armani.

Good luck in your search.
That's explains a lot. The clothes didn't seem all that period correct. :( The knit waistcoat was nice, but something about the fit and cut of everything didn't seem right.

Zach: What kind are you searching for? Ones that you'd wear for formal wear? Silk suiting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust