Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BURLESQUE-----The Movie.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Starring Christina Aguilera and Cher.

The cast also includes Stanley Tucci, Kristen Bell, Alan Cumming, Julianne Hough and Dita Von Teese.

[YOUTUBE]LQcN38k-_y4[/YOUTUBE]

Edward

Bartender
Thanks for pointing this out, I'll watch it later. I have to admit, though, that as a fan of the noveau burlesque movement I have grave reservations on reading that cast list..... not least by the presence of Dita Von Tease. I may be alone on this, but to be honest I'm sick to the back teeth of being told she's the last word in Burlesque- never been convinced by that argument. Lovely lady I'm sure, but still.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Burlesque is Burlesque and the Silver Screen is the Silver Screen, what was Cher thinking getting involved in this MTV style Dogs Breakfast ( or is it her project?)"

12269361_gal.jpg

"Cher in "Tea with Mussolini" she was never lovelier"

Edward

Bartender
Seems odd on the face of it, Cher certainly isn't someone I would readily associate with the noveau burlesque scene. That said, the fashionability of "burlesque" in recent years (and that's a whole can o'worms) may have drawn her to the project as a way of rejuvenating her image, taking advantage of another marketing label. Cher hasn't been afraid in the past of experimenting with other things (that vocoder effect on whatever her last big hit was springs to mind). End of the day, she makes her living by selling her image as a product (I don't intend that to have any unddertones of value judgement one way or the other), so if she's not selling big the way she used to (I have no idea), then it makes logical sense to explore a new avenue, a rebranding, if you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld