Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown or black mouton collar with seal brown hide and rust knits?

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Long story short it, I may be having a jacket built and would prefer more choices, but it seems to have come down to a black or brown mouton collar with a dark brown hide and rust knits. I chose black, but got touted onto brown. I like brown fine but it's almost the same shade as the hide and I'd like a little contrast. I figured black went with brown and rust went with brown so how offensive could it be? Sort of a "field" alteration, a la Aero. Of course it's my decision but I'd be interested in any insights into this world shattering problem. Don't say black knits because I like the brown/rust combo most of all.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I think it sounds great. I never really thought brown & black went together, but the brown/black Aero jackets that Insurrection has posted look incredible.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Go with your gut and even if it turns out that you don't like it you can always have it changed later on.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Can't you have a rust collar? That would match.

All that seems to be out there to buy is brown and black. I checked with eBay like someone suggested on another string, but they said "only brown and black at this time," whatever that means. Anyway, the whole question is moot because I decided to go with the brown on the theory that understated is always better and classier.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
You might be able to get some from a jacket maker. It is still used on good quality M422 repros and the like. I got some from one recently when I needed a new mouton collar for an old forties jacket I have.

Still if you're happy then as you say it's moot.

Peacoat

Bartender
All that seems to be out there to buy is brown and black. I checked with eBay like someone suggested on another string, but they said "only brown and black at this time," whatever that means. Anyway, the whole question is moot because I decided to go with the brown on the theory that understated is always better and classier.

Good choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82