Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Stingy Brim in 7 5/8

MattJH

One Too Many
I just won this off of eBay for under $30 including shipping, presumably because it was listed in a terrible category by a seller that I don't think ever auctioned off a hat before:

brooksbrothers2.jpg

I'll post better images when I receive it. I've always wanted a Brooks Brothers hat if only because I'm a huge fan of their ties (I wear them exclusively -- even better, Marshall's often carries them for $12 each!).

Anyone have an opinion on the quality of hats that Brooks Brothers produced?

MattJH

One Too Many
Hey, I've noticed in a lot of stingy brim photographs and the stingy brim hats that I own, that there is no front pinch -- just a center dent. Is this common for stingy brim fedoras to have no front pinch? If there isn't one, I usually make one.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It sure is.
You could put one in if you felt like it, but about half those I've seen don't have front pinches.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Looks similarly shaped to my Dunlap. The shape of it in the photo suggests that it is pretty good shape. Can't wait to see the pics once you receive it.
Congratulations!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Feraud

Bartender
I enjoy this style too. Center dent, no bash on the sides.
Tyrone Power wore a hat like this in The Razor's Edge.
RAZORSEDGE-4.jpg

RAZORSEDGE-2.jpg

My Power inspired Dobbs.
Picture5617.jpg

nulty

One of the Regulars
Nice hat..Brooks brothers lids don't come along that often vintage wise..

I wear alot of 1 1/2 to 1/34" brim fairly low crowned hats. I like a nice long pinch into the side dent on those. A brim that size with a crown high in the front as yours seems to be , in my opinion, doesn't take a front pinch very well. Also a center crease I think does not compete with a shorter brim so it often works a little better and seems to be blocked that way as a rule. A wide blown out bash in a stingy just doesn'tt do it for me

Anders

One of the Regulars
Nice find

I won a Brooks Brothers not a month ago that could easily be a 7 1/8 clone of yours (my avatar hat). I can't complain about the quality, when I decided to pinch it the dents went in like a charm and haven't caused any trouble.

MattJH

One Too Many
It came! My favorite stingy brim I own so far, no question about it. I can't describe why -- it's just a thing, I don't know. The photos are true to color -- it's a tan/brown hybrid. Love it. Photographs:

01-brooks-front.jpg

02-brooks-side.jpg

03-brooks-inside.jpg

04-brooks-sweat.jpg

05-brooks-logo.jpg

06-brooks-bow.jpg

S

Samsa

Nice hat! I almost went for this one, but decided against it. Not sure why.[huh]

MattJH

One Too Many
I'm making a few hats available in the Classifieds and I wanted to update some of my old threads with links to the new image locations. I'm unable to edit especially old posts or I would've simply done that to avoid an unnecessary thread bump. My apologies for the disruption.

01-brooks-front.jpg

02-brooks-side.jpg

03-brooks-inside.jpg

04-brooks-sweat.jpg

05-brooks-logo.jpg

06-brooks-bow.jpg

DickWhitmanMM

New in Town
wow. I'd say you scored! I rarely see Brooks Brothers hats! Let alone a Stingy Brim like yours. Is it vintage?
I'm actually a big fan of their classic dress shirt with the Ainsley collar, the downtown Seattle location is having a 50% off sale BTW.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust