Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British eBay listings

Kramerica Industries

New in Town
I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but as a relatively new reader, I ask for a pardon on my ignorance. To the mods, feel free to move this to the appropriate place if you so desire.

All that said, my question is - I see a number of eBay links in the vintage forum, but many of those are the British eBay, and many of the British items are not available for postage to the United States, that is, unless I'm mistaken, in which case I'm glad to be mistaken. The most unfortunate thing is that I see a number of deals that I would spring for in a heartbeat on suits that I am enamored by.

I know there are probably a great number of Brits on this website, along with other, well, "non-Americans". Am I resigned to clicking on many of these links, and even links that I follow from there on eBay, and just left to be jealous about the awesome suits that are there? I don't know, it's just irritating to me to be, in effect, shut out by stuff that I actually happen to really, really like. Thanks in advance.

(and sorry for how poor the phrasing might seem on this post - my thought process kind of fell apart in the midst of my typing.)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
It works both ways: there are plenty of FL members outside the US who find themselves unable to bid of items in the USA for the same reason.
If you see something you like on the UK ebay, I would recommend contacting the vendor just to see if they might agree to post to the USA. You might be lucky.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I suggest making good friends with one of our esteemed loungers from the UK and ask him or her to act as a waypoint for you by receiving your shipments from eBay and resending them ;) Just a thought.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. But often a friendly mail works too. It's even more common on etsy where everything is "buy it now". Often the private sellers need to look it up first instead offering a international shipping rate that might be too high or low.

Kramerica Industries

New in Town
Excellent advice from all three of you. Many thanks.

My natural habit is - if I see an excellent price on an excellent item, and it's something that I like AND fits, well, it's just kinda hard to pass up, you know?

--

As a sidenote - I'm not a kiss up, by any means, but I'm glad I found this site from Antonio Centeno's blog. Excellent information and discussion, which helps even a relative novice like me learn about some of the nuances of vintage material. Keep up the good work.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I'm located in Germany; whenever an ebay U.S. listing doesn't specify int'l shipping, I send them a friendly message (copy & paste, I saved the text for just this purpose) asking if they're willing ship this item to Germany.
I use this message so often that it's very convenient to have a blueprint.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82