Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brandit Giant M65 Field Jacket

PeterRocco

Practically Family
Hello
I just been looking for a reproduction M65 field jacket and came across this Brandit Giant M65.
Has anybody heard of this company or Jacket before as a couple of YouTube videos on it? It looks like it’s made very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_6962.png
    IMG_6962.png
    2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many
A work colleague and I both bought M65s at the same time last year.

He bought the Brandit jacket, and I bought my Helikon Nyco jacket.

Brandit make a huge range of military repro kit;

I tried his jacket before mine arrived and it seemed very nice, solid and well put together. But once I received my Helikon, it is leagues ahead, and feels significantly more robust and well made.

Mine was admittedly more expensive, about £25 more at the time of purchase. But appears to be an altogether more serious utilitarian repro than the Brandit, which is a bit more fashion-oriented I think.

The reason I mentioned the construction material earlier is that I believe the Nyco (50/50 nylon/cotton) is both tougher and more water-repellent than the cotton of the Brandit. Although the cotton will probably wash better and give a worn patina sooner.

And still a great jacket though, if budget is a key factor.

PeterRocco

Practically Family
Hello
Thank You for sharing your experience with your jackets. It was very helpful. I just like the liner and the braidit. I bought this M65 with liner for $65.00 on Poshmark. Made in USA.

Attachments

• IMG_6959.png
    IMG_6959.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6961.png
    IMG_6961.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6960.png
    IMG_6960.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 56

Forum statistics

Threads