Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bing Crosby would be proud

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
After taking a year-long break, I decided to treat myself to a new Stetson Whippet. Now, all I need is a Playboy and I'm all set. lol

So whaddya think?

c086_12.JPG

c333_12.JPG

bef8_12.JPG

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Looks nice.
I'm probably seeing things, but does it look like the hat in the pictures has an overwelt?

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Indeed it does Dinerman. I had watched that auction for a while, but I had already launched myself into debt, I'm just glad a fellow FL'er bought it.
Isn't it usual for Whippets to have a bound edge? At least I think that is the type that they normally have.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Nice catch Tommy! I had eyed that one as well but passed. Glad a Lounger got it! Wear it well my friend!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Oh, and do post some pictures once you get it.;)

Cheers!

Dan

S

Samsa

Miss Neecerie said:
Glad someone else noticed the possibly health endangering anemia here!

I'd be more worried about the lack of torso.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nice hat.

Those Whippets are all over the place in crown height, ribbon, brim width, etc.
Must have been a successful name Stetson milked for years.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Nice hat.

Interesting you say this, Scot. I've noticed some variations in the look of these hats in photos posted on the Lounge, particularly with regard to crown height and degree of taper, etc.

Cheers,
JtL

Feraud

Bartender
scotrace said:
Nice hat.

An interesting project would be to collect photos of the different Whippet styles and maybe create a sticky. This would create a reference for members to note the variations of this apparently unique hat.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
An interesting project would be to collect photos of the different Whippet styles and maybe create a sticky. This would create a reference for members to note the variations of this apparently unique hat.

Feraud, I would love to see a sticky of all the different variant types of hats with in a name. That would be great for reference. Whippets, ORs and so on.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
Thanks, fellas (and gals)

Dan, I will certainly post pictures as soon as it arrives!

Scion, indeed. My name is based on characters from the game. I bought it in the Fall of 2002 for my computer. However, it took me nearly 2 years to finish it. lol The experience was incredible and the finale was well worth the wait.

My mother never fed me as a kid. As for the lack of torso: EVOLUTION AT IT'S FINEST...! Or maybe not. :eusa_doh:

Oh, and I would be more than happy to contribute to this archive. :)

Feraud

Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
Feraud, I would love to see a sticky of all the different variant types of hats with in a name. That would be great for reference. Whippets, ORs and so on.
I recall the idea coming up in the past but there were questions regarding handling hosting the pictures. I am not sure if the issue was about the Lounge hosting such a large datebase of picture files. If so, can this be handled by spreading out the hosting responsibilities amongst the members? For instance, one member would host a couple of hundred photos of Stetsons, another for Borsalinos, Mallory, Knox, etc.

We can have one locked sticky with links to the various member sites with photos and text to describe the hats. Any dead links can be removed by the bartender.

I think it can be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally