Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best way to get a vintage A2

Paden

Vendor
Hi everybody,

what is the best way to buy an original WWII A2?
do you now some special side with vintage leather jackets?

I am looking for a cooper or Doninger A2.

Best regards,

ingo

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Original wartime Coopers are exceptionally rare and Donigers are also hard to find. There are always originals on ebay, but you can end up paying over the top prices. Areo Leather sell original A2s, but at inflated prices IMO. Sometimes people offer them for sale on this site or on another excellent site, Vintage leather Jackets, where members advertise their own jackets as well as mentioning others for sale: http://cornellsurgery.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

greyhound68

A-List Customer
I got all my originals from ebay or other "Jacket nuts" like me. Ebay is a good source but you must be careful (there are fakes out there). You picked two tough jackets to get. Doniger I have only seen a few on ebay and only one original WW2 Cooper on ebay (not the new ones). Roughwear, Aero, and Bronco are a bit more common. Also, do you want it to be a wearer? If so, what is your size? Anything above a 42 is hard to get. If you are a 40 or below there are a lot more jackets out there. If you see my Monarch thread I waited six years to get a jacket of that size and quality. Plus be prepared to pay some bucks for it as well.

jake431

Practically Family
The best way to get one that won't break the bank is to wear a size 36 or 38. If you can't, the best way seems to be to have an inordinate amount of money and an understanding spouse.

I'm unfortunately going to have to go the second route, being as I wear a 46 in these vintage A-2's. All I need now is a fortune and a spuose!

-Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld