Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best place to order a Akubra Campdraft?

dawgvet

Familiar Face
Seriously considering a Akubra Campdraft vs L L Bean Mooser River hat. Just wondering where is the best place to order a Campdraft from? What is the going rate for a Campdraft?
Thanks,
Jed

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
I bought 2 Akubras from Hats Direct. I don't know if they're the best, but I've been happy with the hats and service. As of today, the tawny fawn CD is just over $90 delivered. I think the Silverbelly is a little more. They've been helpful and knowledgable whenever I've e-mailed with a question.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I ordered a Campdraft from Hats Direct yesterday. Today, I received an e-mail from them telling me that my hat was in stock and that it will be mailed to me via the next air mail. It should arrive in five to ten days.

The exchange rate employed by my credit card company put the price of the hat, plus the shipping, at $94.40 USD.

Perhaps a year or so ago, I orderd a Stylemaster from Everything Australian. Their service was fine, and I recall their prices being marginally better than HD, but the stylemaster took much longer than ten days to arrive.

AF

Nigel

One of the Regulars
I bought two Campdrafts from Hats Direct, the tawny fawn was in stock and arrived in short order, the silverbelly was on 3 month wait and arrived around 2 months later. I was pleased with the service from Ron and the team.

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
It depends...

It all comes down to how patient and stingy you are.

If you've gotta have the hat ASAP, you can't go wrong w/Hats Direct, but they are a little more $$ than Everthing Australian.

I ordered mine thru Everything Australian because it was 1/3 the price (delivered) vs Hats Direct, and I didn't mind waiting 3 months.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
jdbenson said:
I ordered mine thru Everything Australian because it was 1/3 the price (delivered) vs Hats Direct, and I didn't mind waiting 3 months.
I think you mean 1/3 less, don't you, as in $68 delivered instead of $94?

Currently a Campdraft delivered from EA would be about $70 vs $94 from Hats Direct, or 25% less, and 3 months more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld