Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Hat Brands???

Fast

Familiar Face
Where ya get what

rabbit1361 said:
Yes, I was asking for the best brands (Companies) or labels across the nation as far as manufacturers go. (not internet or custom (which I know they do a great job, but that's another category)) but in retail stores. Brands that any people at any given town can go and get. And why they are the best in your opinion? Quality, Price, Value (price/quality), etc...

Unfortunately, you can't go into any town and get a good hat. I got the feeling once here, that if one could, the fedora lounge would not be what it is.

Walked through a mall today. 70 stores, 2 carried hats, or rather things that looked like hats. The quality milliner of today in most folks hometown, is probably a website.

I have seen Akubras in more stores than others and bought my Eagle Brand Fur felt fedora in a Boot Barn in Inglewood. These are decent or better hats. The Eagle has taken the elements well, and kept me satisfied. The Akubra has plenty of satisfied wearers all over this forum and elsewhere.

I've looked over others I would not walk in and buy. There are others I have not seen that might be common elsewhere.

I hope this helps.
Carpe Diem
Fast

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
Newbies need help

hi guys & ladies! this is my first post. I love hats! I have been reading the board for a while and love the enthusiasm with which all things "hats" are dealt with. If I may ask, We newbs need to get some better answers to this question. Taking Besdor's scenario that I walk into a hat store, which hat brand would you recommend I ask for? oh ok! specifically looking for "quality" fedoras and milan straws. RBH! Douglas! Matt! et al. you guys are cool!

Fast

Familiar Face
Pleeeeez add

Yohanes said:
Bailey and Beaver Brand not included?

I would not dare to exclude.

The Confession: I have a beaver brand (not eagle, ooops misspoke. too long a day or night or whatever) and love the hat.

Now the biggie: I do not own a bailey, I do not know where to get one in L.A. or between here and SFO,

Carpe Diem
Fast

rabbit1361

New in Town
Thank you for your opinions!!!!

I know this is the fedora lounge, but maybe some of you have experience or know somebody for this question.
What are the best hat brands for a Western hat??? Again no custom makes.

Appreciate your comments.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Around here (in Texas), it's almost impossible to find a guy under a cowboy hat that doesn't carry either the "Stetson" or "Resistol" label. This is what has kept HATCO in business (evidently a very profitable one). It's almost like their western line makes it possible to build a few fedoras for those of us who want one.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
It depends on what you want to do with the cowboy hat.

Three cowboy hat makers are Stetson, Resistol and Bailey. You can find these cowboy hats in a good Western store.

For anyone who wants a custom or maybe an old west style re-enactors hat, Rand and Colorado Mountain hats are pricey but have great hats.

http://www.randhats.com

or

http://www.cmhats. com

karol

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Sorry I forgot Bailey. A few years ago, they didn't seem to get much mention. Yesterday, I talked with a "horse" man, who said he won't wear anything but Bailey, now.

Fast

Familiar Face
A good hat is a good hat

rabbit1361 said:
Thank you for your opinions!!!!

I know this is the fedora lounge, but maybe some of you have experience or know somebody for this question.
What are the best hat brands for a Western hat??? Again no custom makes.

Appreciate your comments.

Akubra makes them. They're fairly common on the west coast. They are thicker and stiffer than their fedoras, but I'd bet they'll take the devil's own beating.

Carpe diem
Fast

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a couple of Beaver Brand Western hats and they seem to take a good lashing.

Fast

Familiar Face
Beaver in the rain

DOUGLAS said:
I have a couple of Beaver Brand Western hats and they seem to take a good lashing.

Have you gotten your Beaver Brand Fedora(s) good and drenched, and, of course treated properly, how'd it (they) come through?

Thanks
Carpe Diem
Fast

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Fast said:
I would not dare to exclude.

The Confession: I have a beaver brand (not eagle, ooops misspoke. too long a day or night or whatever) and love the hat.

Now the biggie: I do not own a bailey, I do not know where to get one in L.A. or between here and SFO,

Carpe Diem
Fast

You can get Bailey Hats at villagehatshop.com which has stores in LA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust