Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banned Topic With Active Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
I recently posted a reply to a very lengthy thread here, where many folks have voiced their opinions. In response to the post, I received a few private emails telling me that the topic is "not allowed" for discussion. I find it odd that a lengthy thread in a discussion group is "not allowed" for discussion. I can understand that perhaps the topic is very sensitive, and everyone has agreed to not discuss it. However, having the thread still available for new folks to read opens the door to this sort of reaction. I will save my thoughts on the emails I received (which were well mannered), and just point out that I think this particular thread should be removed if it is not up for discussion. How are the new folks supposed to know? Finally, I think it very gentleman-like to no longer discuss a topic that creates animosity and bad feelings amongst the members. I also think it would be very gentleman-like to remove the thread for the sake of the newcomers. Thank you.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Word of mouth has generally prevailed

I just PM'ed you. This "thread" involved a banned member, and the post was from 2003. You are correct, some new members, like yourself, may not know the entire history. When I PM'ed you, it was to bring you "up to date" , and was not an attack on you. You have done nothing wrong. And my recommendatons have been sent to the Site Admin Staff to review regading deletion of previous posts. Again, I do not know if this is possible, nor desirable. This place is largely open, but I can understand how you may feel regarding this issue. Duly noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe