Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bad movie trailers

_tone

New in Town
those with a taste for bad movies should visit http://trailersfromhell.com/.
modern directors showing trailers of B movies and discussing them. tons of fun and a good resource for anyone wishing to further their education in the field of bad movies. in the interest of full disclosure i will acknowledge my ongoing love affair with bad cinema. most people don't understand it, but i hope here to find a few kindred spirits.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll go you all one better and broadly state that most movie trailers of today are editied so poorly as to be useless in depicting the thrust of the body of work. Seems sad that they spend 159 million on a project and then "sell" it with a few poorly chosen sound and vid bites that do nothing to intregue the potential viewer. Or they do the opposite and show every worthwhile moment in the preview and when you see the whole movie you realize you've seen it's best parts in the trailer.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I look at bad movies as more of an effort to make a good movie. Someone, somewhere thought they had a good idea. When someone thinks up an idea, they find it to be the greatest idea in the world, not often thinking beyond the idea and the overall view of it from other people. I saw a film a while back called "The Sadist". I found the story very real and it kept me edge on end throughout the film. I've read that a lot of people didn't like it, found it corny and badly made. But for me it was a very real situation.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wild Guitar is also a good movie

Yes, The Sadist. Good movie. I hadn't seen the imdb page for it before, however; when you scroll down to see movies recommended for you if you liked this one, they are icky children's movies. EW, TOO CREEPY! I couldn't have made that up if I'd tried. Now I'll have a bad dream.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
_tone said:
in the interest of full disclosure i will acknowledge my ongoing love affair with bad cinema. most people don't understand it, but i hope here to find a few kindred spirits.

Same here! I actually prefer my Alpha and Something Weird DVDs to Turner Classic Movies (but love both!!!!) Welcome!

Hondo

One Too Many
Completely agree, I don’t think of older trailers as the ones mentioned are that bad, whether or not the film was awful is besides the point, it turns trailers into classics all by themselves in my opinion, just like art work. Makes them interesting for future viewers.

Amy Jeanne said:
Same here! I actually prefer my Alpha and Something Weird DVDs to Turner Classic Movies (but love both!!!!) Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust